Tuesday, March 31, 2015

[5] The Snake

     I have a pet snake. She is crazy awesome. I've had Ruby for about a year now, and dang has she grown! I love reptiles more than anything in this world, besides my wife obviously. It is a strange fascination I have, and I just recently realized why. I was watching a video today about very large snakes, and the presenters were asked what had gotten them into large reptiles, and they had mentioned how each had an obsession with dinosaurs when they were younger. I realized that I had the same obsession! When I was little I was fascinated by bugs, catching lizards, my family owned all sorts of animals, including snakes, amphibians, fish, birds, etc. I was doomed to have an affinity for animals, and somehow reptiles became my obsession.
     My wife on the other hand, didn't own any animals besides a turtle. When she was introduced to Ruby, Ruby was just a tiny little noodle. Now after Ruby has grown to over three and a half feet and as thick as my forearm, Shani loves her! My wife asks to cuddle with her, she holds her all the time, accompanies me to the park so we can show her off, they are best friends. Her love for Ruby I'm sure will convince her to let me continue growing my collection.


1 comment:

Morgan Smith said...

I had a snake too when I lived at home! Lucky for you that you have a wife that is cool with creepy crawlies, because they're awesome! Awesome post and Im so happy you included pictures!

Post a Comment